DAFVM Faculty Senate
Minutes of DAFVM Senate Meeting: September 8, 2016
Attending: Bill Herndon, John Long, Anna Linhoss, Caleb Lemely, Florencia Meyer, Bisoondat Macoon, Bindu Nanduri, Brandi Karisch, Simone Hinz, Sherrill Fleming, Tom Allen, Don Cook, Jason Gordon, Brittney Oliver, Stephen Meyers, Raja Reddy, Mike Barnes, Wes Neal, Mariah Morgan
Excused: Brian Williams, Jiaxu Li, Eric Stafne, Ryan Butler, Michael Mauel, Donna Peterson, Susan Seal, Kelley Wamsley, Brian Henry, Jason Barrett
Absent: Lurleen Walters, Chinling Wang, John Willis, Kurt Showmaker, Chuo Li, Scott Samson
Meeting called to order at 1:30pm
Motion made and seconded to accept March 2016 minutes. Vote taken, all in favor. Motion carried.
No Chair Report
Department Head Meeting
- Changes to hourly labor (overtime issue): Federal Labor Standards Act. There will be an increase in the minimum wage for all non-hourly employees who can receive overtime. Current minimum is ~$25,000. Moving to ~$47,500. This is estimated to cost $6 million.
Office of Vice President: Dr. Herndon
- Budget: All state agencies may experience a 3%.
- Concerns were raised about parking at the Wise Center.
- P&T for new non-teaching faculty positions
- Dr. Keenum is in full support of new faculty positions without teaching to be tenure track.
- Dr. Bohach will be the gatekeeper for tenure track for non-teaching faculty positions.
- Teaching appointments will continue to go through the provost for P&T.
- An ad hoc committee is developing a single annual faculty evaluation form.
- Construction updates
- Firearms on campus: IHL rules state that students and employees are prohibited from having firearms on campus including in cars. This does not apply to nonstudents. Rule passed by state legislature.
Confirmation of DAFVM terms
- Academic Affairs: Simone Hinz
- Ancillary Affairs:
- Bylaws: John Long
- Faculty Affairs:
- Resources: Bindu Nanduri
- Holland Faculty Senate:
Signup for the remainder of the committees to take place on-line.
Next meeting: Oct 13 1:30 Bost 205
Motion to adjourn made and seconded 2:38 pm.
Return to minutes