DAFVM Faculty Senate
Minutes of DAFVM Senate Meeting: October 13, 2016
Attending: Bill Herndon, John Long, Anna Linhoss, Brandi Karisch, Jiaxu Li, Florencia Meyer, Bisoondat Macoon, Simone Hinz, David Christiansen, Tom Allen, Jason Gordon, Donna Peterson, Susan Seal, Stephen Meyers, Kelley Wamsley, Brien Henry, Mike Barnes, Mariah Morgan, Caleb Lemley
Excused: Lurleen Walters, Eric Stafne, Bindu Nanduri, Ryan Butler, Sherrill Fleming, Don Cook, John Willis , Brittney Oliver, Kurt Showmaker , Raja Reddy, Jason Barrett
Absent: Greg Bohach, Lisa Noffsinger, Brian Williams, Chinling Wang, Michael Mauel, Chuo Li, Wes Neal, Scott Samson
Meeting called to order at 1:35 pm
Motion made and seconded to accept September 8, 2016 minutes. Vote taken, all in favor, motion carried.
Campus wide faculty evaluation process is moving forward. The form will be based on DAFVM faculty evaluation form. Pending approval. Request for senators to review this form.
Department heads meeting: Dr. Herndon
- New salary guidelines for exempt employees according to the Fair Labor Standards Act. Increase in minimum wage for all non-hourly employees who can receive overtime. Current minimum is ~$23,600/year. Moving to $47,500. New guidelines came out in September and will be in place by December 1, 2016. 777 employees are expected to affect by this rule. Of these employees, 550 will be in the nonexempt category. These employees will have to fill out a timesheet. The remainder of these employees either fell under an administrative academic exemption, a professional teaching exemption, or their salary was increased to the threshold.
Office of Vice President: Dr. Herndon
- Record fall 2016 enrollment in the division and in all of the colleges in the division. DAFVM 3,558, CALS 2,440, CFR 576, CVM 542.
- Funding update.
- Newly approved parking projects.
- Parking lot across from Thompson Hall (~220 slots)
- Garage between Howell and the Hump (500+ slots)
- Academic Affairs: Simone Hinz, Lurleen Waters, Donna Peterson
- Ancillary Affairs:
- Bylaws: John Long
- Faculty Affairs: Lurleen Waters
- Nominations: Susan Seal
- Resources: Bindu Nanduri
- Holland Faculty Senate:
Next meeting: Nov 10, 2016 1:30 pm Bost 205.
Motion to adjourn made at 2:35 Vote taken, all in favor, motion carried.
Return to minutes